Newbie Questions

Keith Smith

Re: Newbie Questions

Post by Keith Smith »

tflee,

The Master/Slave code has been tested very thoroughly and is being used in many commercial implementations.

That said, running multiple instances of XP on a single machine is a slightly unusual configuration, so some extra steps are required.

1) Do you have each of the slave instances listening on a different IP? If so, you'll need to add a VSProBindIP.ini into the "PilotEdge/VSPro Resources" folder on each slave, telling it which IP to bind to. It's likely that they're trying to bind to the same IP (since they're on the same machine), causing the failure.

2) On the master machine, are you defining the external visuals starting on the top left of the screen where the IP's are listed? You can verify that the master has the right IP's for the slaves by reviewing the PE log files on the master. They're in the xplane root directory.
tflee2

Post by tflee2 »

Keith,
I must have the two visual screens on the same IP since I just found that I can bring up the master and either of the visuals with no issues.
Thanks for the information.
tflee2

Post by tflee2 »

Keith,

Just to close the loop,
I did have the two visual screens on the same IP and that's fixed so all three are working great.

Again, thanks for the info and keep up the great work.