A new 64 bit sim choice for all

Post by JonFly »

Jon aka "JonFly"
See my livestreams www.twitch.tv/jonfly
Join the new X-Plane Users Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/xplaneusers/
wmburns

Re: A new 64 bit sim choice for all

Post by wmburns »

For those of us that don't have a Facebook account <gasp!> it would help if some additional details were included.
JonFly

Post by JonFly »

Jon aka "JonFly"
See my livestreams www.twitch.tv/jonfly
Join the new X-Plane Users Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/xplaneusers/
Pieces

Post by Pieces »

Obviously no real details on the sim were given in the article, but considering Dovetail's other products (Train Simulator, etc), I have to assume this new product is going to be pretty limited in scope. Small areas to fly in, and not terribly realistic systems and simulation. But, it is called "Flight School". Who knows, maybe it will be amazing.
Reece Heinlein, PPL - IR, KMZZ
PilotEdge I-11
Alphabet Challenge
Flying Penguin

Post by Flying Penguin »

Remember, there's two products. DG Flight School DG Flight Simulator, the former being constrained the latter being more like "Son of FSX".

It's waaay to early to know whether they will be any good, but DG Flight Simulator is confirmed (via an official reply in the Steam FSX:SE forums) as being 3rd party addon ready, though no word on whether that means an open SDK or selected partners.

Either way, it's kind of academic until there is enough decent payware to work out whether it will ever become a viable alternative to FSX/P3D/XP for serious simulation. Given the speed most developers seem to work (not least PMDG/IXEG/A2A level developers), it's going to be years before it's in a state to think about switching.
ewandougie

Post by ewandougie »

Its going to be interesting, if its going to be expensive then its going to end up completing with Prepared 3D with has most of the FSX backward compatibility going for it
Skye

<RandomAirline>1050
G-SKYE
N17SK