Drone flights

Steve Ruiz

Drone flights

Post by Steve Ruiz »

To avoid some of us doubling up, I've decided to post a list of flights I've flown from the current list (10/20/10) or plan on flying over the next few days. I will edit as necessary.

Complete

L61-0L7 (Shoshone to Jean) + Return
3L2-KBVU (Sky Ranch to Boulder City) + Return
U30-1G4 (Temple Bar to Grand Canyon West) + Return

TBC by Sun- 10/24
L92-U08 (Alamo to Perkins)
67L-1L8 (Mesquite to Stout)
(Plus returns)
Last edited by Steve Ruiz on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keith Smith

Re: Drone flights

Post by Keith Smith »

Thanks Steve,

Incidentally, it is perfectly OK to double up on drones. The system can handle it very well. It's the A-B-C-D-E-F _chaining_ that causes sequencing problems in the long run. I still appreciate you posting what you plan on flying in case people are flying to do the network a favor by adding more widespread traffic. For THAT reason, it makes perfect sense to coordinate the efforts.

Keith
Shawn Goldsworthy

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

I saw no need to start a new thread, I guess here is as good a place as any to post what drone flights I'm working on.

Currently doing:

LSN BIH and the return leg.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
Shawn Goldsworthy

Ok, those 2 are done. Keith, you'll probably see 2 files for the BIH-LSN leg, use the file named KBIHKLSN2, I had some "issues" at the start of the first one which required an X-Plane restart (nothing related to your plugin)

Ok for the routing:

KLSN-KBIH (filename KLSNKBIH)

Left crosswind dep off rwy 14, direct to Chapman Farms (67CA), FRA VOR, Huntington lake, Lake Thomas A Edison, then following the river to just south of Lake Crowley. Overhead entry for left traffic arrival on runway 12. 11,500 MSL 140 IAS in a P28R

KBIH-KLSN )filename KBIHKLSN2)

Left downwind dep, direct to KMMH, HYP VOR, overhead entry for left traffic arrival on runway 32. 10,500, 140 IAS in a P28R
Last edited by Shawn Goldsworthy on Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
Shawn Goldsworthy

2O3 LLR coming up next.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
Shawn Goldsworthy

Ok 2O3-KLLR and the return recorded.

Routing

2O3-KLLR (filename 2O3KLLR)

Left crosswind departure off rwy 34. Straight west to the shoreline, then follows the coast all the way up to KLLR. Left downwind entry for runway 29. 4,500 MSL, 115 IAS in a C172

KLLR-2O3 (filename KLLR2O3)

Left downwind departure off runway 34, direct to KUKI, the follows the southern edge of clear lake to the south eastern point, then direct 2O3, right downwind entry for runway 34 (UGLY landing), back taxi to the ramp. 5,500 MSL, 190 IAS in a LNC4.
Last edited by Shawn Goldsworthy on Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
Shawn Goldsworthy

I have time for 1 more tonight. Let's do O86 (Trinity Center) - O28 (Ells Willits)

Ok that one is done.

O86-O28 (filename O86O09 - it's named that way because I was originally going to fly to Round Valley and I saw that it was already done while I was enroute, so I changed the destination on the fly).

Routing:

Right d/w departure off runway 32, to the southeastern most tip of Trinity Lake, then east to Whiskeytown lake. Flew on the eastern edge of the mountains before cutting into a valley and overflew O09 (Round Lake) and then followed the road southbound to O28. Right downwind entry for rwy 34. 8,500 MSL, 190 IAS in the LNC4.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
Shawn Goldsworthy

C83 3O8 in progress.

Ok that one is done (filename C833O8)

Depart rwy 23, left downwind departure, then follows hwy 5 to KLSN, then follows the California Aqueduct all the way down to 3O8. left downwind entry for runway 32. 150 kts IAS, 3,500 MSL, PA34.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Shawn Goldsworthy wrote:I have time for 1 more tonight. Let's do O86 (Trinity Center) - O28 (Ells Willits)

Ok that one is done.

O86-O28 (filename O86O09 - it's named that way because I was originally going to fly to Round Valley and I saw that it was already done while I was enroute, so I changed the destination on the fly).

Routing:

Right d/w departure off runway 32, to the southeastern most tip of Trinity Lake, then east to Whiskeytown lake. Flew on the eastern edge of the mountains before cutting into a valley and overflew O09 (Round Lake) and then followed the road southbound to O28. Right downwind entry for rwy 34. 8,500 MSL, 190 IAS in the LNC4.
SX, this one didn't get captured properly (it was only a 74K file). Otherwise, I received and processed the other 5 (updating site now, but they're already flying on the network). If you'd like to re-fly O86 to O28, please do.

Keith
Shawn Goldsworthy

Keith Smith wrote: SX, this one didn't get captured properly (it was only a 74K file). Otherwise, I received and processed the other 5 (updating site now, but they're already flying on the network). If you'd like to re-fly O86 to O28, please do.
Keith
That was a fun flight, I'll happily re-fly it once carpal tunnel sets in from my 6,000,000 mouse clicks a day coding sector files ;)
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS