tutorials coming soon

Keith Smith

tutorials coming soon

Post by Keith Smith »

I'll be adding some simple video tutorials to the site in the near future, catering to sim pilots who aren't yet completely comfortable with some of the basics.

1. The first will be flight between two non-towered airports near Palm Springs that can be undertaken with very little preparation or research to simply break the ice and get you in the air.

2. It will be followed by a quick, not exhaustive, overview of how to read a VFR sectional chart, understanding Class A/B/C/D/[E,G] airspace and the communication requirements for each.

3. This will be a quick hop between two Class D (towered) airports with no flight following.

4. Lastly, we do a short flight with flight following from a Class D airport into a Class C with flight following along the way.

At that point, pilots are well-equipped to begin the ZLA Pilot Cert program, which will be offered here, either in its existing form, or with some slightly modified content. That will be decided soon.

If anyone has feedback about areas which they'd like to see covered, please let me know.
Daddy O

Re: tutorials coming soon

Post by Daddy O »

Be sure to mention the speed limit thingy :)

I wish I flew something fast enough to worry about speed limits.