[Jan 29 Sat] pilots requested for demos

Keith Smith

[Jan 29 Sat] pilots requested for demos

Post by Keith Smith »

Hi guys,

I will be heading to Statesboro, GA to demonstrate PilotEdge at a conference for high school aviation programs. This is probably one of the most critical demos that we've given to date, simply because it represents such an important commercial opportunity for PiloteEdge. It's a deal that could really help get the ball rolling, and also bring a decent amount of concurrent users onto the system on an entirely scheduled, predictable basis.

To that end, anyone that can fly between 9:30am - 3pm EST (with a 1hr break for lunch around 12pm, I suspect), please let me know. I might shorten this window as I learn more about the schedule.

I will find out where we'll be doing the bulk of the flying and will post here when I can. What you do when you're flying is not as important as simply being there and providing voices on the radio, and additional live (and potentially conflicting) traffic for us to work with. By that, I mean that you shouldn't feel pressured to do any complex procedures, or specific IFR flights. If you're only comfortable flying VFR in the pattern, then by all means, please do that.

Regards,
Keith

EDIT: I've changed this from a Fri/Sat schedule to just Sat. We're going to try to schedule meetings for Fri rather than demo both days.
Daddy O

Re: [Jan 29 Sat] pilots requested for demos

Post by Daddy O »

Dood! Just say what kind of traffic you need, and I'm there. Lemme know if you want some chopper work on the ramp beside the simulator.

What airport will you be focusing on?
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

I'll help you out mate!
Lee Williams
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I'll speak with conference organizer today to find out what would make the most sense for tomorrow.

I am thinking a lap of the pattern at SMO, then IFR from SMO to LGB. It has a nice IFR dep procedure associated with it (rwy hdg until LAX R-315 and then heading 250 for vectors to the first fix) which will give us something to do.

I'll have an idea of the timing for tomorrow by later today and will post here asap, but it's likely to relatively early...like 10am-12pm EST (7-9am PST).

Keith
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Ok, the timing will be 'morning' based on discussions with the host of the sessions, and the format is largely up to me. To that end, I'll try to stick as closely as I can to the times listed above (10am-12pm EST, 7-9am PST).

The session might start earlier, but it won't finish any later. I'm going to stick to the plan of pattern work at SMO, then IFR over to Long Beach.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Thanks to the pilots that flew, it was awesome to have live traffic in the air, and on the radio, along with the drone traffic. It was a perfect blend of everything that we needed.

To give you some information as to what this was all about... there are a number of high schools in Georgia that have an aviation program. They have received funding to set up simulation labs, and have hired flight instructors to come in and teach a syllabus that ultimately leads to students being eligible to take the FAA written test for the private pilot certificate.

I flew down to Statesboro, GA (via Elkin, NC, thanks for the room, Brian!) to demonstrate PE as a system that they could use in these labs to augment the training for the students.

The demo went very well. We had a CFII from one of the schools working the radios and the avionics panel while I flew the airplane on our IFR flight from SMO to LGB. He was impressed with what he saw, as was the retired air traffic controller who was following along.

Thanks again for helping out, everyone!
Brian Ratledge

Post by Brian Ratledge »

You're welcome for the room. Do this again in the summer and you'll have lots of Carolina Pork BBQ to stuff yourself with. Come see us!
Brian Ratledge
Pilot Client Support Team
brian (at) pilotedge (dot) net