The inevitable noob question set

Daddy O

Re: The inevitable noob question set

Post by Daddy O »

You mentioned that your Saitek pedals didn;t work anymore, It has been a while since I had them unplugged but they may need to be plugged in via the yoke to work.

As for scenery, you can go to the scenery page I set up and install a couple of dozen airport scenery packs all at once. Check it out:

www.xplanes-scenery.com
Charan Kumar

Post by Charan Kumar »

Hi Tim, I use saitek pedals with a CH Yoke and I can get it all working. I don't remember installing anything specific for the pedals, however I had to for the Pro Switch panel.
Christian Mears

Post by Christian Mears »

I've had to reinstall the Saitek drivers once or twice myself for the pedals, which generally resolved any issues I was having. Also, be certain you don't have too many USB devices plugged in or other things drawing power that you may have added since the last time you used your pedals. I personally bought the AC adapter for my yoke and plugged my radio/switch panels into that, just to avoid the power issue.
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

Christian is correct about that. Each USB root hub has only 5v of power total. Too many devices and there is not enough power. With the X52 you can turn down the volume of the lights, that makes them draw a little less power. After I installed the Saitek panels I upgraded to a powered hub for my panel devices (2 panels, UHID key interface, 2 USB lights) and the 2 sets of joysticks are each plugged into different root hubs on the main PC.