scaling back the beta

Flybob37

Re: scaling back the beta

Post by Flybob37 »

lwilliams wrote:In my opinion, Keith....whichever gets you to your end goal the best way is what's most important. You have my support.
Although I would rather it be a Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday...haha
Bob Carpenter
Instrument Rated Private Pilot
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Thanks for the feedback.

I've settled on the following:
The new beta schedule is Wed and Sun evenings, 6pm-9pm PDT, focus flight at 7pm as usual. The 6-7 window gives an hour of free flight during which pilots can feel free to fly anywhere they like without feeling as though they're "missing out" on the focus flight. Of course, pilots are free to fly anywhere they like during the ENTIRE beta, but the focus flight does provide the opportunity to see and hear live traffic, which is appealing to most pilots that fly on the network.

Wednesday evenings will have a socal-based focus flight and staffing. Sunday evenings will have norcal-based focus flights and staffing.

Since the norcal and socal controlling crews are, by and large, different people, this effective translates to one night a week for most controllers, which is considerably less burden than the 3 nights a week we were running up until now.

From the pilots' perspective, all that has changed is that the deletion of the Fri night beta and clarification around socal vs norcal.

I initially hoped the introduction of socal and norcal being staffed at the same time would draw a larger 'airline' presence, but that is unlikely to happen until the fs9/x client is released. So, for now, they will generally be staffed just one at a time. We'll revisit the staffing schedule again at that time.
Ben Anello

Post by Ben Anello »

Keith, you might want to update facebook status to reflect the Beta program schedule now in effect. It currently shows as Wed, Fri, and Sunday as per the attachment.

BA
pe_status.jpg
pe_status.jpg (32.51 KiB) Viewed 2946 times
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Hi Ben,

The FB badge manages to get cached on the browser and ends up being stale. Click on the FB link and see our actual status and you'll notice it's up to date. I'll try using a different badge when I can. I thought it was just happening on my machine, so thanks for letting me know!