Videos

Keith Smith

Videos

Post by Keith Smith »

Here are two very rough, unedited videos (time is short right now) from two flights conducted on the network

Video 1 - following 2 F15's along coastline (action starts about 60 seconds into it)

Video 2 - formation arrival and landing at March AFB

There is no ATC interaction here, but the video shows two things of interest:
1) some of the 'drones' on the network are interesting to follow if you're looking for some fun (all of the activity took place in restricted airspace near Vandenberg AFB, so GA aircraft would not be inconvenienced or surprised)

2) the fluidity of motion of the other aircraft. This was aggressive maneuvering at 500-600kias, and the system kept up.

Videos with ATC interaction will be made as time permits.
Keith Smith

Re: Videos

Post by Keith Smith »

Here's the first of the two part video of the IFR flight from LGB to SNA, shot earlier in the afternoon. Thanks to Brad for providing the ATC for the demo. [EDIT: posted hi-def version]

The second part (involving everyone else) will be posted tomorrow, I have high hopes for it. Thanks to Brad, Alex, Eugene and Brian for showing up at very short notice and absolutely crushing it.
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

Just posting here in order to get a notice when the vids are up...
Brian Ratledge

Post by Brian Ratledge »

@ Alex - Me too.
Brian Ratledge
Pilot Client Support Team
brian (at) pilotedge (dot) net
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Here ya go: IFR Demo Part 2. 10mins 59secs and 17frames (another 8 frames and it would've exceeded the YT limit).

There will be a brief Part 3...there wasn't room for the lap of the pattern that ensued after my go-around.
Aaron Flodin

Post by Aaron Flodin »

Awesome guys :) Nice job!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

And part 3 is done. I really didn't have a lot of time to edit this one a whole lot, but it the job of showing a VFR traffic pattern, some tower interaction, and keeping an eye out for other aircraft.
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

Geez KS, with all of those engine cuts, what will the folks out there think about our network fuel quality :lol:

They are all indeed amazing!