Equipment Suffix

Marcus Becker

Equipment Suffix

Post by Marcus Becker »

Since opening the expansion, it has been quite common for pilots to file an invalid equipment suffix. Most commonly, the incorrect suffix has been /Q. From the AIM: Tbl 5-1-3
AIM 5-1-3.png
AIM 5-1-3.png (23.8 KiB) Viewed 3374 times
The other frequent flight planning issue I am seeing is the usage of DCT between waypoints or navaids. This should be used in international flight plans and not domestic. A simple space or period indicates the same thing.
Acroshaw

Re: Equipment Suffix

Post by Acroshaw »

Thanks Marcus, yet another subtle thing to learn ! I have started a one note notebook on mistakes I've made, it's quite large. I will add this now :) anthony
Shawn Goldsworthy

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

One of the problems is the FSX/P3D client. I've tested this and confirmed it myself. If you select L - RNAV/RVSM as your equipment type, it still appears at /Q in the controller client.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
Jim Parish

Post by Jim Parish »

Shawn Goldsworthy wrote:One of the problems is the FSX/P3D client. I've tested this and confirmed it myself. If you select L - RNAV/RVSM as your equipment type, it still appears at /Q in the controller client.
I noticed that for the first time yesterday (probably after many a flight as 'Q'. :)
sidfadc

Post by sidfadc »

Yes I noticed this as well in FSX. Select /L but in the greyed out box at the top its still /Q?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Known issue, I'll be reviewing it as I turn my attention to the FSX/P3D client upgrades.