fun landings at KEGE

Acroshaw

fun landings at KEGE

Post by Acroshaw »

I flew a few practice runs for the LDA 25 approach, something I never normally do, but as its a bit special, along with some icy weather, I thought I was being prepared ! I'm sure theres a prepar3d pun in there somewhere. Anyway, still managed to screw it up, by virtue of the majestic dash 8 icing simulation , I remembered as I stalled on the final approach that when there is severe icing , there is a switch you operate that increases the reference speeds. I had clicked this. But I still got too slow and , well, it wasn't pretty. So apologies to the excellent controller who probably wondered why I vanished from the scope just as id done all the hard bits ! I flew it again offline, increased my approach speed by about 15 knots, lovely landing. I will be back tomorrow undeterred, and add this to the long list of things I've learnt on pe. That weather into KEGE, amazing !
Kilstorm

Re: fun landings at KEGE

Post by Kilstorm »

Great plane and fun area as well. Shame we dont have a "Paul Harveys...Now the Rest of the Story" Forum to post the what happened pireps on flights like this. I too feel bad after having great ATC service only to suffer something that doesnt allow the flight to be completed.
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA
Acroshaw

Re: fun landings at KEGE

Post by Acroshaw »

I did think about posting in that one Keith ,but I have so many entries already, didn't want to monopolise it ! I did that flight again and p3d crashed , I have decided KEGE is a cursed airport for me :( roll on the next bonus field !