FSUIPC Configuration

kevinmdavis2010

FSUIPC Configuration

Post by kevinmdavis2010 »

Hey folks,
I want to use the FSUIPC interface to map a joystick command for PTT to my Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Yoke. However, I can't seem to be able to get that to work? If anyone here has been able to get it to work, can you send me a screenshot of your configuration? The left CTRL key is alright, but I'd rather not use the keyboard while flying if I don't have to! I have attached my configuration to this post. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Happy flying!
Kevin Davis (13384)
Attachments
My Current FSUIPC Setup
My Current FSUIPC Setup
fsuipc setup.PNG (25.9 KiB) Viewed 9144 times
Keith Smith

Re: FSUIPC Configuration

Post by Keith Smith »

The PTT Transmit On/Off functions are correct. You have 'control to repeat while held' turned off which is also correct.

I'm not sure what the 'select for FS control' setting does.
Shawn Goldsworthy

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

Back when I flew FSX on PE, I had an issue getting it to work as well. The solution for me was to set my PTT to a keyboard key. Then I mapped the joystick button to that keyboard key. There is an option to set a joystick button to a key command. Worth a shot.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

Hi Kevin,

You might want to double check (I'm sure you have, though) that you have the PilotEdge Receiver > Options > Voice > Input: Push to Talk Key set to NONE to ensure no conflict. I've had no problems with FSUIPC PTT on the Saitek yoke.

Don
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Don,

That's a good point, I recall working with ppl in the past who have said that this made the difference for them.
dvlourie

Post by dvlourie »

Kevin,

Let us know if it is working. I have the same setup and use the PTT thru FSUIPC with no problems. I will send a screenshot tomorrow when I am back near the simulator.
ridikamus

Post by ridikamus »

Also ensure you are either running both FSX/P3D and the PilotEdge client as administrator, or neither as administrator. Having only one or the other running as administrator is a known problem.
V-3 CAT-11 I-11
sidfadc

Post by sidfadc »

Hi,

I use the PTT transmit command through FSUIPC in FSX and its always worked absolutely fine. I'm sure it's setup the same way as the screenshot but I can post my config later when I'm home. As others have said make sure you have no conflict in the PE client > audio settings
Shinjo B

Post by Shinjo B »

I just use FSUIPC to bind a button to the default PE PTT keypress (PRNSCRN).

Edit: Scroll Lock, not Print Screen
Last edited by Shinjo B on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.