Flightsim Setup (P3D) - now with new iPad mount

Thomas_Horn

Flightsim Setup (P3D) - now with new iPad mount

Post by Thomas_Horn »

...the 100$ investment for the iPad yoke mount was the best upgrade I have made this year :-)

X-Plane 11.32, Windows 10, 4.8 GHz 7700K, 16 GB RAM. 4K 55'' Screen resolution with Nvidia GTX 1070. ELITE and PFC flight controls
Kilstorm

Re: Flightsim Setup (P3D) - now with new iPad mount

Post by Kilstorm »

Nice setup! Seeing that you have invested in good hardware, I'm wondering if you know about ForeFlight and its ability to create a moving map from P3D (I think) since you have the pad right in front of you.
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

That's a lot of GoFlight! I love it! I only have 2 panels and would love to get a few more but I'm nervous because my units frequently freeze up on me. I've tried 2 different powered USB hubs and different ports as well. Which do you find is the one you couldn't live without?
Thomas_Horn

Post by Thomas_Horn »

Yeah, I also struggled with the hubs at the beginning...now I connect the radio units directly to the PC - I have an extra PCI card with 4 USB sockets. The units with LED's draw a lot power.
X-Plane 11.32, Windows 10, 4.8 GHz 7700K, 16 GB RAM. 4K 55'' Screen resolution with Nvidia GTX 1070. ELITE and PFC flight controls
Thomas_Horn

Post by Thomas_Horn »

Kilstorm wrote:Nice setup! Seeing that you have invested in good hardware, I'm wondering if you know about ForeFlight and its ability to create a moving map from P3D (I think) since you have the pad right in front of you.
Yep, I have been using ForeFlight for many years and now with the Flight1 app it is even better! :)