baron 58 question

dental1

baron 58 question

Post by dental1 »

Hi
I'm wanting to start using the b58 on network and want to start with traffic patterns to practice. I've flown mostly in the c172 and would like someone to share with me the correct parameters for flying the pattern in the b58 with the correct speeds and engine configuration etc.
thanks Lee
jx_

Re: baron 58 question

Post by jx_ »

just a note, it is a BE58. The B58 is an old bomber. I've seen pilots using B58 the past month or so. It is not a B58! :D
zerofay32

Post by zerofay32 »

A Convair B-58 Hustler to be precise. Neat aircraft. Only a little different than a baron... ;)
Andrew Fay
PilotEdge V-3; CAT-11; I-11; Skyhigh 10
Commercial Pilot/Instrument ASEL/AMEL- KOSU / Commercial sUAS
jx_

Post by jx_ »

yes, they both fly at mach 2!
dental1

Post by dental1 »

Hi
I'm sorry about my earlier snippy post. I just was expecting a different kind of reply. :oops:
Regards Lee
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Lee, I appreciate you editing the post. I don't have specific numbers for the Baron, but I have flown it a lot over the years. I fly it by feel for the most part. Blue line is 125'ish if memory serves, so you need to maintain that on final until landing is assured (below that you can't perform a single engine go-around). Look for a POH online to get max gear speeds and flap speeds, that would be my suggestion unless there's someone here with type-specific experience who can lend a hand.

In all my years of flying, though, I've never found myself wishing that I had 'the numbers' for the plane.