Interesting Cat 1 flight

deansalman

Interesting Cat 1 flight

Post by deansalman »

I took the Cat 1 flight from Oceano but it was a self test to see how I would do before recording the flight in a plan. I ran into 2 issues. I used my radio at the correct freq but it may not have been working as well. I saw on ForeFlight another aircraft coming my way and we were at the same altitude for a short time. I was climbing to 7500 and sure enough his reading was a -1 (new to foreflight but like it so I was thinking that was 100 feet below me) I called on the radio my indention so was that a correct procedure when a aircraft is that close when there is no flight following.

The other thing is my yoke was having a issue and turning left really did not do anything. So I headed south of L88 and came in on the right, I was planning a landing on R10 since it was too much to try to turn left on the final approach. Again even though this is non controlled airport, I radioed what I was doing and that the aircraft did have a problem. I used the left rudder the best I could to shift left which worked. Anyway interesting leg and I did land well. Any suggestions for a new Pilot Edge user?
Dean Salman
N117SB Diamond Twin Star