Iphone or Samsung?

alexmillis

Iphone or Samsung?

Post by alexmillis »

Mods, please bear with this, it is aviation related!

My 4 year old iPhone 4S is not too slow and lasts about 6 hours so I am in the market for a new phone. I have had iphones for the past 6 or 7 years but I am now tempted to jump ship to android. I am comparing the iPhone 6S and Samsung S7 and they seem pretty similar in all respects.

However one key element for me is how useful they are for aviation. So does one phone offer an aviator more than the other? Does one work better with SD than the other, does one have a better selection of flying apps etc?

Reviews and thoughts welcome as ever.
rtataryn

Re: Iphone or Samsung?

Post by rtataryn »

I personally have become very dependent on ForeFlight for my electronic flight bag. Charts, flight planning, weather, W&B, logbook. Since ForeFlight is iOS specific and not available on Android devices, I strongly favor the iPhone, expecially since my phone is my chart backup if my iPad fails.
Rod
PPL, Instrument, ASEL, ASES
2013 Cirrus SR22T N877MS
2018 Icon A5 N509BA
1946 Piper J3 Cub N7121H
1942 Stearman N2S N6848
zerofay32

Post by zerofay32 »

Garmin's Pilot App is very nice and to the point, feature wise, that it is a very good android equivalent to Fore flight. I use Fore flight on Ipad and love it, but I got a chance to play around with Garmin Pilot on an android tablet in flight (the other pilot I was flying with had it). The feature and interface differences were trivial. Either OS has a lot of good and bad aviation apps, so it all comes down to which specific apps you want to use, and what OS they are available for.

I fly with an Ipad, but my phone is android FWIW.
Andrew Fay
PilotEdge V-3; CAT-11; I-11; Skyhigh 10
Commercial Pilot/Instrument ASEL/AMEL- KOSU / Commercial sUAS
gianni.fly

Post by gianni.fly »

https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/f ... d550770776

Check this. Flying App for iPhone.
IFR, Weather, LogBook...etc