Question on scenery issue

bobsk8

Question on scenery issue

Post by bobsk8 »

I departed today from KPDX RWY 28R. I taxied to the end of the Alpha taxi path and was at the threshold of 28R at A1. I contacted tower and was told that I could not make an intersection takeoff without permission. I told the controller I was not an an intersection I was at A1 at the end of the runway, and looking to the right was the runway end markers and grass. The controller said that on his system I was at A2, I have Orbx FTX scenery for this area which is a quite common scenery . To make matters worse, in the ensuing discussion and my trying to figure out if I had made a mistake or not, I missed the fly runway heading part of the takeoff clearance and turned on course too early, earning a "deviation" . :oops: I My question is, when I take off from this airport from now on, am I going to run into the same issue again?
Licensed Pilot since 1978
P3D Version 3.4
A2A Aircraft
Keith Smith

Re: Question on scenery issue

Post by Keith Smith »

Yes, you will run into it again because nothing is going to change between now and your next takeoff there, but this time you'll be prepared. Advise the controller that your scenery is different and that full length for you is Alpha 2.
bobsk8

Re: Question on scenery issue

Post by bobsk8 »

Keith Smith wrote:Yes, you will run into it again because nothing is going to change between now and your next takeoff there, but this time you'll be prepared. Advise the controller that your scenery is different and that full length for you is Alpha 2.
Good suggestion , thanks,
Licensed Pilot since 1978
P3D Version 3.4
A2A Aircraft