Call final controlled airport

rtataryn

Re: Call final controlled airport

Post by rtataryn »

CaptainBoeing wrote:If I could ask a follow-up question on this regarding a go around for a visual approach. Sorry if this seems basic, but if you are cleared visual approach what is the "Go-Around" procedure? When doing an IFR approach it is very clearly spelled out on the plate. However, there are no plates for most visual approaches. If you are doing a pattern approach do you simply pull up and fly the pattern again? Or is it spelled out someplace for the particular airport? Perhaps the controller will assign you where to go? Just curious, I have yet to have this happen VFR.

Thanks
Ken
AIM 5.4.20 (e) A visual approach is not an IAP and therefore has no missed approach segment. If a go around is necessary for any reason, aircraft operating at controlled airports will be issued an appropriate advisory/clearance/instruction by the tower. At uncontrolled airports, aircraft are expected to remain clear of clouds and complete a landing as soon as possible. If a landing cannot be accomplished, the aircraft is expected to remain clear of clouds and contact ATC as soon as possible for further clearance. Separation from other IFR aircraft will be maintained under these circumstances.
Rod
PPL, Instrument, ASEL, ASES
2013 Cirrus SR22T N877MS
2018 Icon A5 N509BA
1946 Piper J3 Cub N7121H
1942 Stearman N2S N6848
rtataryn

Post by rtataryn »

Keith Smith wrote:Rod for the win!!
I'm no Keith Smith, but I do what I can. ;)
Rod
PPL, Instrument, ASEL, ASES
2013 Cirrus SR22T N877MS
2018 Icon A5 N509BA
1946 Piper J3 Cub N7121H
1942 Stearman N2S N6848
CaptainBoeing

Post by CaptainBoeing »

Thanks Rod,

I guess I need to take some time and actually read the AIM. While the Pilotedge ratings are a great way to get started, there are a bunch of little questions that I am still unsure about. I bet the AIm would clear up a bunch of the questions.

Thanks
Ken