Little NavMap

hoser70

Re: Little NavMap

Post by hoser70 »

Well, that was a nice thought Keith but still no traffic on my moving maps. I'll keep researching. Thank you.
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

If Little NavMap uses the same traffic format at ForeFlight, then that should've worked, assuming you entered the IP address of the machine that's running Little NavMap correctly. Can you post your PilotEdge_out.txt file so I can see if the traffic relay file is being read correctly?
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

Thanks Keith - - that's where I"m confused. LittleNavMap uses LittleNavConnect on the x-plane machine. Do I select the x-plane machine or the client PC that the actual map is on? I tired both and neither worked.
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

Here's the PilotEdge_Out.txt file Keith. Thanks again.

Starting up: PilotEdge client, V1.5.3
initVoice with device {0.0.0.00000000}.{583d1094-2bbb-4151-bc58-9d206aa230f8}, returned 0
PilotEdge initialized
Entered deferred startup
completed deferred startup
PTT Trigger, calling connect
Setting up connection details...
Checking for slaves...
Checking for server file...
Checking for voice service file...
looking for C:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\MV_T310R_XP_V1.09_190201\MilViz CT310R V1.09\PE_voltage.txt
looking for C:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\MV_T310R_XP_V1.09_190201\MilViz CT310R V1.09\PE_groundspeed.txt
looking for C:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\MV_T310R_XP_V1.09_190201\MilViz CT310R V1.09\PE_com_selector.txt
looking for C:\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\MV_T310R_XP_V1.09_190201\MilViz CT310R V1.09\PE_com1_frequency.txt
Connecting N611MW with ICAO type: C310
Connected to PilotEdge Server
Connected to PilotEdge Voice
Sent voice ids to server: 152,153
Checking for traffic relay file...
Traffic relay file found, address = 192.168.1.141
COM1 is now considered to be off
COM2 is now considered to be off
VSProClient: disconnect() entered
MessageController::sendMsg entered: msg = QUIT
status = 37
VSProClient: sent bye
VSProClient: signalled controller entered
VSProClient: connection closed
MessageController exiting
VSProClient: disconnect() complete
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

This has to be something in my X-Plane 11 settings because I don't see any traffic on VATSIM either...
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I just checked the Little NavMap docs and nowhere does it say that they handle the ForeFlight traffic protocol. Instead, they "display X-Plane AI aircraft." Neither PilotEdge or VATSIM use AI aircraft to display aircraft in the visual system (there is a limit to how many AI aircraft can be created, and how much you can control their animations). Instead, both networks use a lower level object drawing API. This is why the PE and VATSIM plugins ship with a library of visual models.

So, in short, Little NavMap in its current form can't be used to display VATSIM/PE traffic afaik.
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

Keith Smith wrote:I just checked the Little NavMap docs and nowhere does it say that they handle the ForeFlight traffic protocol. Instead, they "display X-Plane AI aircraft." Neither PilotEdge or VATSIM use AI aircraft to display aircraft in the visual system (there is a limit to how many AI aircraft can be created, and how much you can control their animations). Instead, both networks use a lower level object drawing API. This is why the PE and VATSIM plugins ship with a library of visual models.

So, in short, Little NavMap in its current form can't be used to display VATSIM/PE traffic afaik.
Keith I sure appreciate the help. I thought someone above said they had it working with PE though. Very interesting and again, I sure appreciate your time to try and help me.
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

Just an update - - I don't know how, but suddenly my GTN750 at least display's online traffic, which it didn't before. I'm not sure what button was pushed to make that happen, but glad it's working. Thanks again for all the help.
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air