Getting back after a PE reconnect

deansalman

Getting back after a PE reconnect

Post by deansalman »

I have a odd problem with sound that I posted but the question is when I disconnect and reconnect what is the best way to get back in flight following. What I have been doing is just starting over in the air and request flight following and get a new squawk code. The other day I was coming into KFAT and I was on LA Center but never got a hand off, then I discovered sound was gone so I reconnected and it was back. However, I was close enough to contact tower, maybe too close. I did disconnect from the network so I could land without landing when not cleared. So after all that do I need to get a new squawk code anytime I disconnect or reconnect if done withing 30 seconds?
Dean Salman
N117SB Diamond Twin Star
FDXDave

Re: Getting back after a PE reconnect

Post by FDXDave »

More times than not if i have had to reconnect i have been assigned a new radar code. So as a guess I'd say yes.
Keith Smith

Re: Getting back after a PE reconnect

Post by Keith Smith »

The system loses the assigned beacon code when you disconnect from the system. P3D/FSX based systems using the current PilotEdge client come back squawking VFR (until you next change your beacon code). X-Plane clients come back online squawking whatever the current transponder code. So, depending on which sim you're using, the controller might simply assign your beacon code in our system to whatever discrete code you're on (x-plane), or you might get a new squawk code.

Just tell the controller you're back online after a disconnect and see what they say.