My first flight on new PE

arb65912

My first flight on new PE

Post by arb65912 »

I just finished my first flight on brand new PE. :D

I flew VFR from SMO to SBA. two major mistakes, one, not my fault, I did not hear the controller properly and I have mistaken traffic in front of me information for landing clearance..... bad but I should not read back if I was not sure what I was hearing, I should respond with "Say again" ( my favorite ...lol)

While taxiing to Transient Parking, I turned on taxiway H instead of staying on C, controller politely reminded me to make a proper turn, I complied.
Then after straightening out my taxiing, I apologized on frequency for a mistake and made another oops.... I refered to taxiway H as HECTOR instead of HOTEL. :shock: :shock: :shock:
I have no idea where the Hector came from..... big mistake, I even have the phonetic alphabet in front of me , just in case like that and all I needed was to take a quick peak... bad, bad, bad ....

Well, I am a student pilot, PE is a learning environment, I openly admitted to my mistakes, I hope it will be a good lesson for the future... ;)

Overall, another great experience.

I want to fly again, now there is no time limitation!!!!! :D :D :D :D I need to take care of few things first.

Thank you all PE team, the best thing that happen to me since I started using voice in X-Plane.

Cheers, AJ
lwilliams

Re: My first flight on new PE

Post by lwilliams »

Only two mistakes, Andrzej?

Its only a flight with Lee, when there are 10!!! j/k

I had fun too on my first flight I look at where I was when I was amonst Keith's first Guinnea Pigs and compare to now.....big difference. Hope to see you online soon!

Lee
Lee Williams
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Hi Lee.

Well, only two that I know off... :D

They say the best learning is thru the mistakes one makes so I take them as a mandatory means for progress. :)

I can also see the progress in my flying ( ATC interaction wise) comparing to the day I started but I am still very concentrated, never leaving a cockpit, always alert to hear "N1067Q .....", then the adrenaline kicks in and I am all " fight or flight' mode .. :lol: :lol: :lol: , you know what I mean.

I will be flying on PE now, something short , I do not know yet where. have a day off but need to do other things also. :cry:

See you soon.

Cheers, AJ
Phil_ANW

Post by Phil_ANW »

I haven't flown yet, my guardian goat dog (great pyranees) had 11 puppies last night and it's been mass hysteria around the homestead - lol!
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

Get to it, Phil! We need to see you there.
Lee Williams
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Phil, you need to come out as soon as puppies are on their own ... :lol:

Seriously, I am on vacation, I have things to take care off and I can not stop flying .... just so much fun, whenever you are ready, I will see you soon , I hope.

Good luck to all puppies, I can imagine the atmosphere in the house but I still believe that you will get cleared to fly on PE soon.... :D

Cheers, AJ
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

Congrats Phil - I take it this'll make for some interesting transmissions from your end in the future :)
Phil_ANW

Post by Phil_ANW »

It's been a very busy day! As soon as the commotion settles down I'll be back to PE; probably in a day or two. Alex, it's funny that I read your post just as one of the dogs...oh well...never mind :)
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Phil, paranormal activity? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can see these cute puppies but I bet it is pretty messy.

It was a busy day here also , flew on PE 3 times or so, had lots of fun. See you soon.
Phil_ANW

Post by Phil_ANW »

Cool beans AJ! I didn't mean to hijack your post.