Standard taxi routes for kphx

AZJim320

Standard taxi routes for kphx

Post by AZJim320 »

Here are the standard taxi routes for kphx.
Attachments
803244D0-0A37-4A88-8016-AB91B6AACE4B.png
803244D0-0A37-4A88-8016-AB91B6AACE4B.png (241.48 KiB) Viewed 1763 times
Kevin_atc

Re: Standard taxi routes for kphx

Post by Kevin_atc »

This kind of thing has been discussed before. Due to PE’s structure, it would be too much on the controllers to make them learn taxi routes in addition to the thousands of other pieces of information about 40+ airports that they need to know. A lot of the large airports have these standard taxi routes in the RW, and even the ones that don’t tend to have taxiways that usually only run in one direction. However, I think aside from adding more workload/knowledge to the controllers, there is fairly little to be gained from a pilot training standpoint by implementing these realistic taxi routes on the network. It’s similar to how PE doesn’t simulate every detail of airport procedures when it comes to VFR- at some point, it becomes too much on the controllers for no gain other than doing it how they do it at that airport in real life. While some airports like SNA are heavily realistic when it comes to VFR on the network, a lot of the other airports (especially class D’s) aren’t going to have the same level of customized procedures to that airport as they may have in the RW and therefore will be controlled fairly similarly to each other.

From a realism standpoint, cool stuff and thanks for posting. But as for PE and an answer to your implied suggestion, I doubt they’ll be implementing taxi routes any time soon.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
AZJim320

Re: Standard taxi routes for kphx

Post by AZJim320 »

It is truly amazing how the PE controllers keep track of so many airports at once. The ultimate in multi tasking. I just thought I would offer it Incase you might want to use it to.