Arrow masquerading as a Debonair, calling itself a Bonanza

grimmdgg

Arrow masquerading as a Debonair, calling itself a Bonanza

Post by grimmdgg »

I'm a real world pilot and owner of a Beechcraft B33 Debonair. When flying real world, although I would prefer to use Debonair, I call myself a Bonanza when talking to ATC. When calling myself Debonair, half the real world controllers call me Bonanza anyway and it gets confusing. I am working on my instrument rating and using PE will be a big part of my personal study. My real world plane has an Aspen e1000 and GTN650. I'm a huge X-plane fan and the only GA plane that comes close to my BE33 in performance and has both an e1000 and a GTN650 is the vFlyteair Arrow III. So... is it going to be a problem for me to connect to PE with a pa28r, and call myself 'Bonanza 8539M'??? I would really like to use my real world call sign; moving back and forth between foggle training and PE is confusing enough...

BE33 TAS 150
PA28R TAS 138

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18IukLP ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sc1ltg ... sp=sharing
Last edited by grimmdgg on Sun May 27, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin_atc

Re: Arrow masquerading as a Debonair, calling itself a Bonan

Post by Kevin_atc »

Nobody ever would have known if you hadn’t told us, so go ahead. The only possible thing that could happen is another pilot could see your airplane as the P28A rather than the BE33, but that’s not really a big deal.

If you really want to go above and beyond so solve that problem, I suppose you could edit the aircraft in Xplane and change its identifier to a BE33. Then everyone would be fooled- even the PE plugin.

P.S. yes, I never call a BE33 a debonair. BE33, 35 and 36 are all bonanzas in my book!
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
grimmdgg

Post by grimmdgg »

Thank you, good idea. I modified it to a BE33. I went ahead an up'd the HP to 225. It still doesn't fly like the Debbie, but it will do nicely for IFR practice.
bdavidn

Post by bdavidn »

I fly an Arrow in real world and the A2A Comanche online because it's the most realistic and has similar speeds for my IFR practice. I just login as an Arrow with my r/w callsign to keep things simple. It's about 10 knots faster than an Arrow but nobody seems to notice. A2A is coming out with a V35B with G650 option I believe. I know you're an X-plane guy but could be a good setup.

-Bryan