Very inauspicious disconnection

awebneck

Very inauspicious disconnection

Post by awebneck »

Noooo! I was *literally* turning final and reporting it for my CAT-9. I didn't hear the controller respond and I was a hot quarter-mile from TDZ, and what do I hear instead? "Disconnected". >:(
Oh well, these things happen. I guess I'll just make the flight again - still grand, grand fun. :)
RogerW

Re: Very inauspicious disconnection

Post by RogerW »

OUCH! That sucks! :evil:
Roger W.
Home: Valkaria, Fl (X59)
PE Rating: CAT-11, I-2
Real World hrs 7, Virtual hrs thousands
FSX
Aircraft: A2A Cessna 182 Skylane
Tail Number: N7365W
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCitoWL ... bagrJnQyrw
Casimir

Re: Very inauspicious disconnection

Post by Casimir »

I feel your pain. I had something similar happen on the CAT-10. It was my 4th attempt - I blew Bravo by mistake the 1st time, and the sim crashed both times I tried after that. This time everything was going great though - I finally get everything smoothly laid out and take off. I receive my clearance and fly over LAX, cross SMO and start heading toward Van Nuys... when the server glitched. Everyone lost COMMs and were dropping intermittently. The controller eventually had to restart the server.

However, in my case I did what Keith suggested - I waited for a couple minutes, orbiting just outside Van Nuys airspace, and reconnected. After verifying that I was solidly connected and IDENTing to have the controller recapture my transponder, I continued the flight after being granted clearance into Van Nuys and was able to continue and finally pass the CAT-10.
Cessna N5351E (A2A C172 / REP XPlane 11 C172)
Piper N5351A (Carenado Seneca V)