Western expansion and LAX

dancemad

Western expansion and LAX

Post by dancemad »

Hey all,
Wanting to join back up and have a question regarding the logistics of a Western Expansion subscriber flying into LAX controlled areas/airports. Is it allowed?, or do I have to fly through and over the airspace if I am not a LAX subscriber?

Thanks,
Michael
Kevin_atc

Re: Western expansion and LAX

Post by Kevin_atc »

I'm guessing by "LAX" you mean ZLA?

If only subscribe to WUS and not ZLA, you are permitted to overfly ZLA as many routes fly through the airspace (ie. PHX-SFO). However if you descend too low, you will be automatically disconnected.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

dancemad wrote:Hey all,
Wanting to join back up and have a question regarding the logistics of a Western Expansion subscriber flying into LAX controlled areas/airports. Is it allowed?, or do I have to fly through and over the airspace if I am not a LAX subscriber?

Thanks,
Michael
Michael, if a Western US-only subscriber was able to fly into ZLA/LAX and land, then there would be no need for a WUS+ZLA combo subscription.

WUS-only subs can fly anywhere within WUS, and they have overflight rights (at 13K or above if memory serves, something along those lines) for ZLA for the purpose of transitioning through it as they go from one WUS airport to another, as Kevin pointed out.
dancemad

Post by dancemad »

Thanks guys