How to get started?

louloizides

How to get started?

Post by louloizides »

I'm currently taking PPL lessons. I've always had some trouble with CTAF... haven't even really started on ATC. I know the mechanics, it's just a matter of doing it. Several people have recommended Pilot Edge to help with both, and I have X Plane 11 with a VR setup. I'd like to get started, but what's step 1?

I can sign up and install Pilot Edge ok, but how do I start a flight? Is there a specific airport that would have CTAF activity? Do I start on a specific ramp?

Is there a "getting started" guide somewhere?
Student Pilot
C150D N530RC
Kevin_atc

Re: How to get started?

Post by Kevin_atc »

I recommend you explore the website. It has some great tools and tips on there. You may even stumble across the getting started guide: https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/getting-started
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
louloizides

Post by louloizides »

Thanks... I did see this, but there isn't much on the site about starting with CTAF... just wondering if that actually exists (I thought it did).
https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/getting-started
Student Pilot
C150D N530RC
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

I don’t think you’re reading carefully enough. Take the time to read/explore everything because what you’re looking for is absolutely on there. From my previous link, you’ll see the “first flight” page which leads to you a flight demo from an uncontrolled airport (that has ...drumroll...CTAF). Furthermore you’ll see a link for the CAT Ratings which deal more with uncontrolled airports in the first few ratings.

Again, take the time to read and explore the website. Pilotedge was created for people just like you who are doing flight training and who want some help with the radios. This place will be very beneficial to you and will save you a lot of money by reducing your flight training costs.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
louloizides

Post by louloizides »

You are correct... will dig in deeper. Definitely excited to try it!
Student Pilot
C150D N530RC