ATIS is not playing.

Alex56

ATIS is not playing.

Post by Alex56 »

Hello everyone! In the unattended time of the Pilot Edge I located my aircraft (A2A Comanche 250, P3Dv3) at KSBP, connected to the PE Network and set the ATIS frequency to 120.6 in COM2 in active, but I didn’t get the weather as I saw does Keith Smith in his video CAT-2 at time 9:13 - 9:35. During any flights, I usually use the AS16, but I want to listen to ATIS also from my COM2, as that doing Keith Smith. What am I doing wrong? Where I can read about it. Thanks.
A2A Piper Comanche 250 Professional, callsign N822JH, LogiTech 940 (joystick, pedals, throtle), AS16, P3Dv3.
Kevin_atc

Re: ATIS is not playing.

Post by Kevin_atc »

As of this moment, that’s on you. The ATIS is all contained within your sim and PE has nothing to do with it. However in the coming weeks, that will be changing.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Alex56 wrote:Hello everyone! In the unattended time of the Pilot Edge I located my aircraft (A2A Comanche 250, P3Dv3) at KSBP, connected to the PE Network and set the ATIS frequency to 120.6 in COM2 in active, but I didn’t get the weather as I saw does Keith Smith in his video CAT-2 at time 9:13 - 9:35. During any flights, I usually use the AS16, but I want to listen to ATIS also from my COM2, as that doing Keith Smith. What am I doing wrong? Where I can read about it. Thanks.
You'd need to look into how ATIS work for P3D v3. The video that you are mentioning was the X-Plane's native ATIS/AWOS system. You are using P3D v3, not X-Plane, so you'll need to determine how to enable ATIS/AWOS on the published frequencies in your sim for now. As Kevin mentioned, until such time as we announce that we are broadcasting ATIS over the PE radios, this remains an internal sim function.
Kilstorm

Post by Kilstorm »

While I know the OP was made prior to the new ATIS system being rolled out, I would like to piggyback on this Comm2 in P3D issue to see if its just my system, P3D or a known limitation to both XP and P3D on PE. I use the Flight1 GTN750 on almost all of my P3D planes and I am unable to hear ATIS or ATC unless I have both the mic and speaker selected to that comm. Normally, I would dial in ATIS in Comm2 and monitor both 1 and 2 but unless I also switch the mic to xmit on COmm2 I will not hear ATIS. In doing so I then loose the ability to hear ATC on Comm1 as I have both radios set for monitoring.

So my questions are, is this just me, or P3D or F1 GTN750 or a limitation of PE?
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA