How can I fly with simulated weather?

Alex56

How can I fly with simulated weather?

Post by Alex56 »

Hello everyone. I have AS16. I fly the A2A Paper24 Comanche250 only. When I can’t fly by live weather by VFR, I create my own weather, in which I change only: visibility, clouds base Alt, coverage, sometimes I change the thickness and sometimes I change the wind speed, which must fit for flight on my Paper24 Comanche250. I never change the direction of the wind, which corresponds to the current weather in PE. I never change the weather if Live Weather allows me to fly a VFR. What should I say to the controller during the initial contact so that he/she will allow me to fly with the edited weather for myself. I told the controller: "I have my own weather," but I did not understand the answer because of my poor English. Unfortunately, I did not fly and disconnected. Please, write the text that I shall tell the controller to understand that my weather will partially correspond to the weather in Pilot Edge. Thanks.

P.S. It would be nice to have a FAQ with user questions and answers that are sorted by topic so that everyone can find answers to frequently asked questions.
A2A Piper Comanche 250 Professional, callsign N822JH, LogiTech 940 (joystick, pedals, throtle), AS16, P3Dv3.
Keith Smith

Re: How can I fly with simulated weather?

Post by Keith Smith »

This was addressed with the introduction of the new ATIS system. Information ZULU is what you should report to the controller...this conveys you have custom weather. Saying "I have my own weather" is perfectly reasonable, however, if you were unable to understand the controller's response, then that is an issue.

See the FAQ regarding ATIS here: https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/atis-background