How are "Recent Flights" logged?

Turner

How are "Recent Flights" logged?

Post by Turner »

Hi everyone,

I started the Alphabet Challenge and flew the first leg under VFR (I filed). Upon completion I contacted tower & was told we don't need to close VFR flight plans.

However, I don't see the flight in my Recent Flights.

Should I be doing something differently?

thanks
Dean33

Re: How are "Recent Flights" logged?

Post by Dean33 »

If you log a VFR flight plan in advance then all your flights including IFR will be logged on PEAWARE. http://peaware.pilotedge.net/

Dean
Dean33

UK P3DV4 Simmer
Pilotedge - I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (average 3.4mhz). GTX 1070 8mb, 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD Samsung 970 Evo 500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.
Turner

Post by Turner »

Hi Dean -

Yes, that's what I'm saying; my flights aren't showing up there. I filed & flew the first leg of the Alphabet Challenge last night.

kullery

Post by kullery »

see Tim’s response in this forum post: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7613

also note from http://www.myflightroute.com/atoz.php
  • ALWAYS CONFIRM THAT YOUR PEAWARE LOG IS COMPLETE BEFORE YOU LOG OFF THE NETWORK
Ken Ullery - PPL-SEL, 1G5
Turner

Post by Turner »

Thanks Ken -

I was probably on for several minutes (up to 5) after landing trying to figure out how to confirm... finally asked controller.

Don't know why this wouldn't have registered on PEAware, but I guess the only way to know is to keep it open until it registers?

What do we do if it doesn't?
rtataryn

Post by rtataryn »

Five minutes should have been plenty long enough. I've logged off a bit too quick a few times and my flight didn't get registered to PEAware. No big deal. Just log back on, even if you have to restart your computer, and sit on the ramp for a couple of minutes. As long as a few hours haven't gone by since you flew, it will register.

I also do this if I fly a missed approach and land at a different airport than I filed to. The flight won't register. So after I've landed, I'll reposition the plane using the airport menu to the destination airport and hang out for a few minutes on the ramp. That way the flight gets registered on PEAware.
Rod
PPL, Instrument, ASEL, ASES
2013 Cirrus SR22T N877MS
2018 Icon A5 N509BA
1946 Piper J3 Cub N7121H
1942 Stearman N2S N6848
Turner

Post by Turner »

Hey, aren't you supposed to be watching the cast on Twitch right now? ;)

I'll keep a close eye next flight...