Pilots requested for system test

Keith Smith

Pilots requested for system test

Post by Keith Smith »

Hi all,

During development, the system was stress-tested with local test clients, beyond 300 pilots and did just fine.

However, I now need to see if data being sent to actual pilot controller clients is any different when the system is loaded with pilots, drones, AND controllers.

That, and the pilot client recently received some stability upgrades and fixes for increased compatibility with non-standard configurations. The scope also received some bullet-proofing and requires some test under real load.

To that end, I'd love to arrange a system test where we have a good number of controllers and a reasonable number of pilots all using the system at the same time. I'll be picking a date in the near future for our first scheduled event prior to the launch of the beta. If that goes as expected, then the beta will be announced.

The test will be in the next couple of days. I'll pick a date (will update subject when I do) and we'll see how many ppl we can get!

Keith
Daddy O

Re: Pilots requested for system test

Post by Daddy O »

Lemme know when, and what kind of flying you need. This is my crazy week so I am available mornings till noon.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I've thought about it, and really, the most productive thing would be to make the system test coincide with the Thursday demo (if we can get enough people to make it worthwhile). Otherwise, we can do a separate system test later that day when more people are available.

I'll work out the demo times and we'll take it from there.
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

About 30% chance for me to be up as ATC.
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

Keith based on the fact that you left this sticky "on", I'm guessing there'll be a separate overload-based test?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Sorry I didn't have time to get to this yesterday. I had to build and deliver a presentation for a large flying club after the sacramento demo.

There were enough pilots and controllers online for long enough to give me what I was looking for.

I have one small server change to make today then we are all set.