[The, Dec 2] Pilots requested for demo

Daddy O

Re: [The, Dec 2] Pilots requested for demo

Post by Daddy O »

I just found a small snag with the Stockton airport. Half way through skinning the airport I noticed that it the Xplanes scenery is missing an entire runway! Yep, runway 29L is missing, but there are two grass stips to the north that should not be there.

If you are going to demo PilotEdge using the PFC simulator again then they will likely have corrected this error...however, any pilots still using the stock version maps in Xplanes 9.61 will not see that runway. I have added the runway to the scenery packs I am building, but Comcast won;t let me upload the zip file.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I can't worry about their runway issues at this juncture. I assume they've tested both airports. If not, we'll deal with it when they get there.

I finally have the demo time...they're going to start flying around 0830 PST with the formal demo starting around 1000PST. Not sure when it ends.

I'll cover CTR in the morning. If other pilots are available, fantastic. If other controllers are available, we will only need a couple, I think.

Keith
Shawn Goldsworthy

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

I'll try be online around 0830-0900 PST just let me know where you need me then.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I just got word, the demo is likely to be roughly 2 hours. So 1000-1200 PST.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Thank you to Eugene, Shawn, Adam and Kyle for flying during the demo today, it was a perfect amount of traffic. We had a nice, busy pattern, and then 2 aircraft shooting approaches at Stockton when the demo aircraft launched IFR from SCK to SAC.

The demo plane was flanked by drones and another IFR aircraft (Shawn) into SAC, which, upon arrival, had two aircraft in the pattern (Adam and Kyle).

Excellent job by all, and thank you to David Carman for driving from the Bay Area up to Sacramento for the demo!

Keith

SAC then filled up with planes
Shawn Goldsworthy

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

That was fun, glad I could help. I had to run out this morning and grab a new headset after I had an "accident" with my old one last night.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Here's a photo from the test the night before the demo at Sacramento Community College
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

Shawn Goldsworthy wrote:"accident"
:lol:

Glad to hear it went well KS.