PE Rocks!

zaruthoj

PE Rocks!

Post by zaruthoj »

I’ve been on PE since before I started real world flight training. I learned to plan a cross country via the CAT ratings, and did the I ratings before starting IFR training. Even though I’m a NorCal pilot in real life, SoCal feels like my second back yard.

Today I flew my family KSQL - KCMA, and then KCMA - KOKB via the coastal route transition. Other pilots told me to expect crazy traffic and workload. I was cautiously confident due to hundreds of virtual hours in ZLA airspace here on PE.

The verdict? It was a breeze. As I passed KSBP and Oceano, I fondly remembered those airports from my first two CAT ratings- in truth where my journey of flight began. After departure from Camarillo, I set up for the Coastal route, got cleared, and was on my way. Sure I was surrounded by a swarm of traffic. However, I was in my own backyard, even if it was the first time I’d ever flown there for real.

In short, PilotEdge rocks. I could not have been more prepared for this airspace.
Keith Smith

Re: PE Rocks!

Post by Keith Smith »

That's awesome. The reality is that you're pretty much ready to fly anywhere in the country :)

SQL is where I learned to fly, so your post made me smile. It sounds like a hell of a trip!

I experienced something similar when recording the Real World Coast to Coast product. It was my first time flying Socal and it was curious if it would feel different to our online version. I had an ear to ear grin when checking in with LA Center approaching KGCN from Taos, NM, transitioning the Grand Canyon and then landing at HND. The next morning, it was HND-LAX, flat tire (naturally), then LAX-CRQ. Next day was CRQ-MYF-CRQ and then 2 days later after some business in Carlsbad, a longer flight from CRQ to RHV up in Norcal.

I wished I could've hung around Socal a little more....the graphics were so good!