IFR: Modified ODP from KEMT

agedmark

IFR: Modified ODP from KEMT

Post by agedmark »

Hi there, I have a question related to the standard ODP departure that was modified during Clearance Delivery.
Fly out of KEMT on 10/1 at 17:40 (Can't find voice recordings for that day/time to quote clearance literally.)
I got the following (quote from memory/notes): "On departure runway 19, fly runway heading, departure procedure, PRADO, V-16 direct PDZ, then as filed, Altitude 5000, Frequency ...".
Now, ODP for KEMT states: "Climb heading 191 to 1500' then climbing left turn on heading 068 and on PDZ VOR R-278 to PDZ VOR, thence ..."
The part I'm not clearer is when should I turn to Paradise (especially when no comms) ? Should I fly:
a) full ODP to PDZ, then PRADO, then PDZ again
b) ... 068 until R-278 (V-278) cross V-363, follow V-363 to PRADO
c) ... 068 to join direct KEMT - PRADO (that I did). Was I correct with my choice ?
Sorry for this noob's question.
Attachments
IFR-KEMT-PRADO-PDZ.png
IFR-KEMT-PRADO-PDZ.png (338.96 KiB) Viewed 1494 times
KEMT-PRADO-PDZ.jpg
KEMT-PRADO-PDZ.jpg (141.15 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
Shawn Goldsworthy

Re: IFR: Modified ODP from KEMT

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

If PRADO is not on your route of flight, or if the departure procedure doesn't mention PRADO, question the clearance controller for sure. Given the date and time, that was probably me. The KPOC ODP ends at PRADO, so I may have issued that in error. Let's call it ATC error.........
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
agedmark

Post by agedmark »

Thanks Shawn. Appreciate your comment. Cannot say enough, how much you guys are an awesome help for someone like me who learns the procedures.
Shawn Goldsworthy

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

Awesome. Glad to hear it. That's why we are here! Just remember, controllers are human too, we make mistakes. When in doubt, or unsure, ask for clarification.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS