PilotEdge Workshop: VFR Planning and Comms [Jan 1 7pm PST]

announcements, discussions and recordings of PilotEdge real-time workshops
djrisc

Re: PilotEdge Workshop: VFR Planning and Comms [Jan 1 7pm PS

Post by djrisc »

AJ,
Unfortunately no. I haven't made it through this recording to take notes yet and I'm way behind as I've been down with the flu for 4 days now. I just got enough energy to catch up a bit on the forums today, so sorry for the delay in response.

Brett
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.
PE: Skyhawk C172 - N8979T
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

AJ, have you considered watching the video and building your own reference notes? It can help solidify your own learning when you put pen to paper, or finger to keyboard.
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Brett, sorry about the flu but you are not alone, I got very sick also Sunday, still coughing as hell, took the time off from work. I hope you get better soon. Thank you for reply.

Keith, I would love to but keep in mind that I am not like everybody else here, seminars do not have captions ( wait a minute, I might try to turn the captions on, they sometimes are very inaccurate but it might be some help) and I can not hear proper.
The fact that I am still flying on PE is because my mind is expecting certain responses from the controllers but as you know/hear, I still have and always will have limitations. :(
It is hard for people without hearing problem to get the feel of that disability or whatever you want to call it.

I might give the recording a try though, better something than nothing, correct?

Thank you, Gentlemen. :)
Last edited by arb65912 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

AJ, I see what you're saying. I had figured that with the YT video being available, you could crank the audio and rewind as often as you like, as opposed to the live broadcast.
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

I will give it a try tonight, Keith. Thank you.