Workshop schedule

announcements, discussions and recordings of PilotEdge real-time workshops
Keith Smith

Re: Workshop schedule

Post by Keith Smith »

Yes, the drawback of recording them is that some people who otherwise might have attended no longer feel compelled to do so. :)

That's ok, I still intend to have them recorded as they will be the foundation for some good training material. I would urge you to mark the 2nd Tuesday of each month on your online/paper calendar, though.
djrisc

Post by djrisc »

Funny you mention that Keith.

The reason I haven't posted notes on the last two, is I feel after listening back to the second and attending the third for those workshops it's really more of an attendance type of an event rather than a "read the notes" type of a workshop.

Not to say I didn't still take 3+ pages of notes both times. lol

Brett
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.
PE: Skyhawk C172 - N8979T
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Brett,

I agree, and just posted something to that effect on FB, too. The first workshop definitely translated well to notes, because we were going through a lot of structured material. This one was flight planning on the fly and then talking through what might happen along each step of the way. It's not impossible to put into note form, but it would be hard to do at the time.
Vincent Meier

Post by Vincent Meier »

Ok,
I understand the reasoning. It is just my bad luck that I will not be able to attend the Jan 29 workshop. Darn holidays keep getting in the way!!
I will be calendarizing the dates from there on though...
Vincent Meier

Skyhawk 172: C-FEGU
Baron 58: C-FEED
Cirrus SR22: C-FLAG
bruce

Post by bruce »

Cyrus wrote: I feel slightly suicidal for missing this one, given that you had fatal technical problems with the recording. .
Is there not to be a recording available?
Unfortunately because of time zone differences a recording is the only option open to me & I would guess all others this side of the pond.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Bruce, there was a problem with the audio in recording this one. I'm going to try my best to have a local recording setup for the next one so I'm not putting the burden on Mark. The plan is to record all sessions, this was an unforeseen circumstance.
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Bruce, it sounds like they had technical trouble during the recording (see the comments from Monday's post on Facebook). The good news is that Keith said there is every intention of recording subsequent workshops. He also said that there quite a bit of overlap in content between the next one and the missed one.

So I've decided to step back from the cliff...... 8-)
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Uhhhh, yeah. What Keith said. :mrgreen:
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The new workshop schedule page is available here: http://www.pilotedge.net/workshops/ and also by clicking on the "Live Pilot Workshops" link on the home page.

Additionally, the upcoming schedule is published on the home page. It's pretty hard to miss now, we hope :)

As a reminder, the next workshop is tonight, Scenario-based VFR flight planning (part 3), Class B/C flights.