Western US Expansion Launch: Dec 27

hoguts

Re: Western US Expansion Launch: Dec 27

Post by hoguts »

A Big Thanks to Keith and the excellent PE controllers! I'm looking forward to the Western expansion which includes my Denver area backyard where I do most of my real world flying. I couldn't disagree more with any real world pilots who don't realize the tremendous value of PE for many sim enthusiasts and real world pilots. Adding ATC to my handfflying in simulated IMC to stay as proficient as possible when I can't fly has been invaluable. The controllers are professional and incredibly patient with my and other pilot mistakes as well as the barrage of innumerable unnecessary radio checks. The annual cost of PE including the expansion is probably less than 2 hours flight time in the real Baron I fly. Keep up the strong work!
twharrell

Post by twharrell »

Congratulations, Keith (and the entire PE team). I know this has been something you have been working very hard to make happen and I am glad to see the day is finally here. PE is second to none and is truly one of the unique services in our hobby (and for many, their profession). I hope to some day reactivate my account and take advantage of this great expansion, but unfortunately my busy life with 3 youngsters limits my flying big time! Nonetheless I am happy for you, Keith. Keep up the great work and much success!

My best,

Todd
Regards,

Todd
percy

Post by percy »

A question about price, what will the total price be if you are a charter member?
percy
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Percy,

Charter members were emailed about this a little while ago, send an email to billing@pilotedge.net and we will lay it out again.
sidfadc

Post by sidfadc »

I understand apart from the expanded fields + bonus, all the other fields within the 5 ARTCCs should be treated as non towered. What about the MOA and restricted airspace within the same ARTCCs. Are these active if say doing a VFR from non-towered to non-towered?

Thanks
Sid
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

You can always fly through MOAs under VFR regardless of whether they are active or not.

We haven't yet finished building out restricted airspace in our SOPs, but as a sim pilot, the most beneficial and realistic option would be to review the sectional chart and check the operating details for the restricted airspace in question. If it's only active by NOTAM, I would treat it as cold. If it's active at specific times, I would compare those to the time that you're simulating for you flight and go from there.
sidfadc

Post by sidfadc »

ok thanks Keith.
Hesynergy

Post by Hesynergy »

Cheers Keith,

...please see Image

the incident can be seen at: https://youtu.be/rmC3L8Wd3YU?t=58m47s

Please advise.

Chas
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

I believe you would be better served and faster as well by contacting pe support:

support@pilotedge.net.

I recall a policy on this but I will leave that to them.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Chas,

from the Western Expansion FAQ:
What happens if I connect to PilotEdge within the Western US Expansion without the required subscription?

The server will not allow you to connect to the network if you don’t have a Western US Expansion subscription. Similarly, if you attempt to fly from outside the area into the Western US Expansion area, your connection will be terminated and you will need to reconnect once you are clear of the area.
My guess is that you're attempting to connect in the airspace that requires a Western US Expansion subscription, and you have not yet upgraded your subscription to include that option. Your choices are to fly in that airspace offline, or you can fly on PilotEdge within ZLA, or you can fly in that airspace once you have the WUS subscription.