PE Client Crash: SetDataOnSimObject

chrisze

PE Client Crash: SetDataOnSimObject

Post by chrisze »

Hi, my PE Client crashes consistently, typically 10-30 min into flights. Below is the (partial) copy of the stack trace from the screenshot I made. The crash happens inside SimConnect function SetDataOnSimObject. The rest of the stack trace coming from PE is obfuscated. When it happens, the sim session ends and thus I'm not able to restart the PE Client and complete the flight. I tried flying the same flights with PilotEdge Client OFF and the sim session doesn't end, which makes me think the PE Client crash causes the sim session to end and not the other way (I could be wrong). I can reproduce it consistently few min after departure with this example IFR flight plan: KPAE PAE CVV ISLND KBVS, but it's not limited to just this route.

Is this a know issue with a workaround? How could I troubleshoot it further?

Prepar3D 3.4.22
SimConnect 3.4.0.0

8<---
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
Exception from RESULT: OxC000020D

System.Runtime.Interop Services COMException (@xC000020D): Exception from HRE
at System.Runtime.Interop Services.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRintemal(Int32 er
at Microsoft. Flight Simulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.SetDataOnSimObject(Enum D
at a5.a(Ulnt32 A_0. fv A_1)
at a5.a(Ulnt32 A 0, fv A 1. Boolean A 2
at a5.y(Aircraft A 0)
8<--
Shawn Goldsworthy

Re: PE Client Crash: SetDataOnSimObject

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

You'll get much faster responses in the discord server. The forums aren't monitored as closely as the used to be and may take a few days to get an answer.

Here is the Discord link:

https://discord.gg/ZW4DJMp
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS