Prepar3D v2 available now

Jack

Prepar3D v2 available now

Post by Jack »

http://www.prepar3d.com/product-overview/

In case you didn't hear the news, Prepar3D v2 is available now. I have had no experience with the software and am curious to see it in action on v2. If you're planning on taking the plunge, please share your experience.

Cheers
Mark Hargrove

Re: Prepar3D v2 available now

Post by Mark Hargrove »

I'm downloading it as I type this message. I have a fairly complex simulator, so it will undoubtedly take a few days to get it all installed and configured, but I'll report back once I know anything.

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
Jack

Post by Jack »

Thanks Mark, all smooth with the download and install?
twharrell

Post by twharrell »

Also know, for those who own PMDG products, PMDG said they will be supporting V2.0 and will release installers for the NGX, 777, and 747v2.

Todd
Regards,

Todd
twharrell

Post by twharrell »

So far, I have P3Dv2 installed with FTX Global. So far, I like it. The dynamic shadows are awesome. I also like the fact V2 comes with the Carenado Bonanza A36.

Todd
Regards,

Todd
Mark Hargrove

Post by Mark Hargrove »

OK, one terrible bit of news: P3D v2 dropped support for master/slave client support! It had some minor issues in P3D 1.4, but I was pretty shocked to find out it's completely gone in V2. They are supposed to have better support for multiple graphics cards in a single PC. I'll report back about that as I experiment.

Also, at the moment, FSUIPC installation is broken without a bunch of workarounds. That will get fixed quickly -- Pete Dowson is simply out of town at the moment.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
twharrell

Post by twharrell »

The good news is P3Dv2 works with Pilot Edge. I just completed a short flight. Communications were fine, but my HSI somehow was way off from the compass (by 30 degrees give or take), even though my gyro drift is turned off. I was in the default Carenado A36. Very strange. I couldn't even shoot a proper ILS. I was so flustered by the heading discrepancy, I was way behind in my communications and even landed before I received clearance. :o So, my apologies to the controller on duty. Everything worked, but it was the sloppiest flight for me yet on PE.

Todd
Regards,

Todd
djrisc

Post by djrisc »

So I'm confused about the licensing with Prepar3D? If I'm just a sim enthusiast at home what license am I to purchase?

It seems like I can pay $9.99/mo which seems like a lot, or pay $200 once? (which also seems like a lot since I dropped $25 for FSX.)

Brett
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.
PE: Skyhawk C172 - N8979T
twharrell

Post by twharrell »

Or since you learn something about flying every time you fly, you pay $60 for the Academic License.

Todd
Regards,

Todd