P3Dv2 Update

Mark Hargrove

Re: P3Dv2 Update

Post by Mark Hargrove »

Keith Smith wrote:I'll rename the forums, then. There is more and more sim-specific discussion in the General forum and I'd like to try to avoid that.
Excellent solution! This makes a lot of sense.

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
twharrell

Post by twharrell »

Being called a Justin Bieber fan is not cool. Flight 1 is stepping over the line.

So far, I love P3Dv2. If you haven't already, go to the Training Center in your Lockheed Martin Folder, and find the section on tweaks. LM has published some tweaks to add to your P3D.cfg file. It may help some folks.

I am also hearing REX clouds can be a real downer, so don't use HD textures or just go back to using default clouds. It apparently is a DX11 issue. REX will be releasing a new version soon.

If you use P3Dv2 with Pilot Edge, drones and other user's aircraft will not have visible nav, strobe, and landing lights. That is a DX11 compatibility issue. It sucks, but that is just the way it is right now. otherwise, it works well with Pilot Edge.

Todd
Regards,

Todd
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

That's interesting about the lights not working. We're not doing anything fancy via SimConnect, we're just telling the AI planes to turn their lights on. Hopefully they'll resolve that.
twharrell

Post by twharrell »

Keith,

The light issue affects all AI not native to P3Dv2, so it isn't a Pilot Edge issue. I have the same problem with World of AI models that I use when I am not flying on PE. I read several other forums where people moving to DX10 with FSX experienced the same issue. I don't think it was ever resolved. Pretty much all AI models created for FSX are DX9. It's like flying in an aircraft equipped with an ADF receiver only, hoping to find an airport with an NDB approach. We're using analog models in a digital world. It's like taking an All-American linebacker from the sixties and expecting him to perform in today's NFL. It's like asking PE to make Justin Bieber its spokesman. It just won't work.

Todd
Regards,

Todd
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

I'm becoming quite concerned with all the Bieber mentions in the P3D section of forums. I think I'll stay away for a while.