P3Dv2 drone and AI aircraft lights

twharrell

P3Dv2 drone and AI aircraft lights

Post by twharrell »

As some of you have probably read, the nav lights, landing lights, and taxi lights, don't work well on AI aircraft in P3Dv2. The nav lights do work, but they are small and faint. In P3Dv1.4, I remember them being large and very visible, making AI aircraft and drones easy to spot. Now, however, they are quite difficult to spot, so it is probably best to have your aircraft labels turned on inside the sim. AI landing lights and taxi lights illuminate the sides of aircraft itself but they do not illuminate the ground, which is annoying. FYI, the same problem exists with World of AI models. I have no idea if those using payware AI packages are experiencing the same thing or not. Hopefully LM will figure this out and fix it.

Todd
Regards,

Todd
Marcus Becker

Re: P3Dv2 drone and AI aircraft lights

Post by Marcus Becker »

Hi Todd.

I don't use P3D yet but I wonder if using a 3rd party add on for lights would adjust the results? Using something like Shockwave lights or similar product? How are the aircraft configuration files assembled? Are they similar to FSX? If so, I would suspect you should be able to use other aircraft's lights on aircraft you aren't able to see. It'll take work but I did something similar to adjust lighting in my FSX configuration for a couple different aircraft I own.

Marcus
twharrell

Re: P3Dv2 drone and AI aircraft lights

Post by twharrell »

Shockwave lights probably would work. I just don't want to buy it and then change 100 aircraft.cfg files. :)

Todd
Regards,

Todd