Prepar3D The Future

ValinHawK

Prepar3D The Future

Post by ValinHawK »

I'm preparing to get back to flying after a long hiatus while my wife and I were/are building a Lancair Legacy. So to help with my re-education, I decided to get a home PC based flight simulator up and running to start practicing instrument approaches. I had a copy of both FSX and X-Plane but focused on FSX because of the incredible RealAir Lancair Legacy model.

On powering it all up I was so impressed with the fidelity/realism, even on this old FSX application, that I realized I could use it for normal VFR flight practice too. Way better than a multiengine simulator I used to instruct on in college... So I dove in and added an ambidextrous control stick (Legacy control stick between legs, fly with left hand), Track IR head tracker (cool!), Siatek Combat Rudder Pedals, MegaScenery for my region, etc. I was also so happy to learn of a service like PilotEdge. I'm going to be a customer soon.

My new interest in this capability inspired me to research the PC based flight simulator options. And, without going into all the details, I'm pretty convinced that Prepar3D is the future of serious home based flight simulation. The new Prepar3D V2 with it's modern enhancements, taking advantage of DirectX11, multiple CPU cores, new features, compatibility with its ancestor FSX, and most of FSX's addons really separate it from its competition. I ended up here to see if PilotEdge was compatible with P3D and am delighted to see that it is -- clinching my decision to head in the Prepar3D direction.

So thanks PilotEdge for seeing the future and supporting it.

ValinHawK
Colorado, USA
Keith Smith

Re: Prepar3D The Future

Post by Keith Smith »

Welcome to the PilotEdge community. I hope you the enjoy the network! Having a P3D installer is high on the list, along with Mac 64 bit support. In the mean time, there are published workaround for installing for P3D using the existing FSx installer.
Mark Hargrove

Re: Prepar3D The Future

Post by Mark Hargrove »

Valin,

There are a growing number of us that have already made the transition to P3Dv2 -- if you have any questions about the sim itself, feel free to ask away here in this forum. There is also a very active community of P3D users on avsim.com and on the P3D forum itself. The first patch release of P3Dv2 (v2.1) is due out any day now and has a metric ton of fixes for things discovered by users since the 2.0 release in late November last year.

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)