No squackbox transponder widget

admiralv

No squackbox transponder widget

Post by admiralv »

I've been trying PE for about a week now on P3D2.1, and I've been having issues with the transponder window not coming up when I connect to PE. I am still able to communicate with ATC just fine and can see the AI traffic, but if ATC requests an IDENT, I am unable to comply.

I've tried reinstalling the client multiple times, and have added the lines in dll.xml to enable PETrans10.dll, along with copying both the squawkbox and vip folders into the aircraft directory. I didn't know if this was a common issue and I just didn't do my installation correctly or if I am missing something. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mattimus

Re: No squackbox transponder widget

Post by Mattimus »

are you sure it doesn't load behind the P3D window? Mine does so I've got an app called deskpins that'll keep it pinned on top.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

It's probably behind the window, or somehow offscreen. If that's the case, you can always manipulate the transponder mode from the PilotEdge application directly (it's in the menu). Ident isn't functional in any case in the FSX/P3D client, but will be in the next release.
admiralv

Post by admiralv »

*Facepalm* I can't believe I never checked that! It was indeed behind the window. I'll have to give deskpins a try, thank you very much!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

We do attempt to float the window, but it isn't successful on some machines. I'm glad you find the window, though!
BonanzaDude

Post by BonanzaDude »

Is there a setting in the PE client to enable/disable the client transponder box? I have been having issues with talking with controllers and don't have any idea if I'm actually transmitting or not. Windows 10 with P3D v3.1 It's not behind any of my other windows. I minimize everything and there is no transponder box.

Thanks,
John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H
Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements
My YouTube Videos
http://www.twitch.tv/Sim_Dude
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

BonanzaDude wrote:Is there a setting in the PE client to enable/disable the client transponder box?
Yes, in the PE App, once connected, Start > Transponder > left click: Flight Simulator Transponder which will place a "checkmark" bullet next to the option. The transponder box will now be visible and can usually be dragged and placed where you desire it.

Don
BonanzaDude

Post by BonanzaDude »

That setting is checked. And I don't have a transponder box. Even tried restarting Prepar3D and the PE client. I know that it worked in the past. It stopped working when I installed the new PE Prepar3D client.

John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
My YouTube Videos
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

John,

Dang. I'm sure you've already checked, but if not, check that the petrans10.dll is where it should be for P3D. I should probably bow-out from here, as I'm on FSX, and not P3D.

As an aside, I once accidently dragged the transponder gauge too far near one edge of my screen, and later I could not find it -- It had somehow been "anchored" off my visual screen, I don't recall how (changing resolution or something, temporarily), I was able to find it and drag it back onto the visual screen. It was long ago, so I don't recall much more than a strange panic like "WTF!??". Probably not apropos to your sit.

Best,
Don
BonanzaDude

Post by BonanzaDude »

That file is in my D:\Program Files\PilotEdge directory.

John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
My YouTube Videos