No squackbox transponder widget

PurdueKev

Re: No squackbox transponder widget

Post by PurdueKev »

Was this resolved for anyone? I just started having the same problem. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling PIlotEdge, but the widget is no longer present. The biggest problem is when I need to Ident, I have to open a couple of menu screens on the PE client to do it, which is kind of tough when you are also trying to fly. What technique did you guys use to find it again?
Kevin Jaeger
Rural MD (Washington, DC area near KFDK)
PE V-3
My Alphabet Challenge results
aventura

Post by aventura »

same problem for me :-(
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

The simplest work around is FSUIPC to assign the desired function to a button or a key. The Transponder Gauge didn't play well with my screen displays, so I have long since just opted to use FSUIPC. You need the registered FSUIPC (about the price of a Dominos Pizza, lifetime free upgrades) http://secure.simmarket.com/pete-dowson-fsuipc4.phtml, and once installed keep it current by checking Pete Dowson's Support Forum (Latest Updated module download ver 4.95 as of 1 May 2016) http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

The Transponder commands to use in the dropdowns are
1. Xpndr Ident (sb4) [ is also valid for sb3]
2. Xpndr Stby (sb3)
3. Xpndr On/Mode C (sb3)
4. Xpndr Toggle (sb3)

Here's the setup for assigning IDENT to a button:
Ident FSUIPC cropped.jpg
Ident FSUIPC cropped.jpg (100.95 KiB) Viewed 7017 times
To assign IDENT to the 0 key (just as an example)
Xpndr Ident Key cropped.jpg
Xpndr Ident Key cropped.jpg (108.03 KiB) Viewed 7017 times
A list of default FSX/PD3 key assignments (and those unassigned and available to you) can be found at:
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.p ... pes_(FSXA)

There is so much that can be done with FSUIPC, I would Highly recommend it.

Don
BFG

Post by BFG »

Don's solution works great, and paid FSUIPC is worth it for many reasons. Also, if you have Saitek or other panel gear or a yoke assigning the commands to a button works well. I have Alt-C and Ident assigned to two buttons on the throttle quadrant, and they work seamlessly.
aventura

Post by aventura »

Thanks Don. I do have FSUIPC, I'll try your solution.
I still would like to figure out why the widget doesn't work for my P3D (it works with FSX on the same machine)
iracer99

Post by iracer99 »

Has this problem been resolved yet? Having exact same issue with P3D, and NOT FSX, Any ideas yet? Besides the FSUIPC workaround!

Tommy
Cherokee N5299X
Legacy N707TC