post-upgrade issue

jelder

post-upgrade issue

Post by jelder »

I tried to install the upgrade yesterday (using P3D). The installer crashed at about 86% complete, so I tried running it again, and again it crashed at ~86%. I then tried to run the client and it seemed to open fine. When I went to open up P3D, an error box opened and said something like, you have duplicate files in directory .../prepar3d/aircraft/vip3 (going off memory here as I am not in front of my flight sim computer). I looked in that directory and I did not see duplicate files? Should I just delete that directory and re-install?

Thanks for your help. BTW, I love pilotedge. I am a private pilot (but have not been able to fly all that much recently) and this service is just amazingly realistic and is helping me gain additional confidence on the radio. I will be subscribing as soon as I can get this issue resolved.

Best regards.

Jim
Keith Smith

Re: post-upgrade issue

Post by Keith Smith »

Hi Jim,

I moved your post to the P3D forum as the issue you're experiencing isn't a temporary operations-related issue on the PE side, but an issue with the installer itself.

There is a known issue where the installer has crashed on one of its final steps (of course I can never replicate it on my end to find out why), but everything appears to be functional. What you could do is clear out the VIP and SB folder from P3D, install the client one more time and then you should be good to go.

Thanks for the kind words about the service, I hope you'll enjoy it.
jelder

Post by jelder »

I cleared out the vip and squawkbox folders (I assumed SB was short for squawkbox) and reran the installer. I am still receiving the error about duplicate file names in the vip3 folder. Should I delete the vip3 folder? It seems to be redundant with the vip folder? By the way, the installer crashed again at 81%.

Jim
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Yes, remove the vip3 folder, not sure where that's coming from, I'll look into it when I return. I'm in California for two days to deliver training.