pesetup.exe has stopped working

JustinWheat

pesetup.exe has stopped working

Post by JustinWheat »

I am getting this error message when the installer is 92% complete. I even try to run the installer again when it asks if I would like to install with the recommended settings. Any solution to this issue? Trying to install it on the same system as P3D. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit.
Keith Smith

Re: pesetup.exe has stopped working

Post by Keith Smith »

Known issue, not sure what the solution is. For 100% of the cases in which this has been reported, the installation is complete. Fire up the app and go fly.

If I can replicate this crash I'd be happy to fix it, but I haven't been able to do so. The best I can hope for it to have it output an installation log along each step of the way and see how far it's going. I'm sure it's something simple that's causing the crash, it's just a matter of finding out what it is.
JustinWheat

Post by JustinWheat »

Ok the folder is placed in C Drive : Program Files (86). When I go to click on the pilotedge_p3d application I get the follow error: The Application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incomplete. So at this point I'm not able to just fire up the and go fly. Any thoughts on the issue?
JustinWheat

Post by JustinWheat »

Found the issue. I had to run the simconnect windows installer again. All is working well now. Thanks!