Some user aircraft not seen

wmburns

Re: Some user aircraft not seen

Post by wmburns »

Are we sure that some of the planes not seen were "below ground level" (land sharking)? This is a problem when the ground elevation data does not agree between different simulators. Think X-Plane verses FSX.

Could be helpful to use the PE live map to compare the altitudes reported by PE to your altitude.
par2005

Post by par2005 »

I am 99.9 % sure it's not elevation related. Because it happens with aircraft in the air as well.

I have plain p3d install, few a2a aircraft.

This is how I tested it.

I would connect to an airport where I could see people parked on the ground or staying in the pattern, via PE map. I would not be able to see them in the sim though.
I would then add their aircraft model to the file pe.smd
I would close the PE client, launch it again, reconnect
The aircraft would reappear

I have tested this at least 3 times in different airports. I have also checked default model files (PB, VIP, and p3d) and none of them contain models such as C172, C182. Unless there are more mapping files I am not aware of. But then it would not explain why adding that particular model which I am not able to see in the sky or on the ground would suddenly become visible after adding it to the pe.smd

If any additional tests are needed I am happy to do them..
par2005

Post by par2005 »

One more thing.

I don't know if it's of any relevance, but with p3d I've never managed the squawkbox to work. It simply is not there. Not hiding behind the window, or somewhere in the corner. I tried moving the p3d window all over the places looking for the SB box (just like I had it in fsx) however I am unable to locate it. So I just went along and used PE application itself to ident since then.

Could this be related?
par2005

Post by par2005 »

Reinstalling PE client has solved the issue.