Add on scenery

Acroshaw

Add on scenery

Post by Acroshaw »

Hey all I'm running p3d v2 and just about to start flying with pilots edge , any suggestions for good add on scenery and airports ? Will be flying more vfr than ifr at first , thanks , ant :)
MEC387

Re: Add on scenery

Post by MEC387 »

I just started too. All I have is ORBX global and vector and I think it looks awesome as is. Vector seems to have most of the roads and what not where they need to be for the VFR. Plus if you have vector the NA1 free airport pack has several in the PE AOR.
PurdueKev

Post by PurdueKev »

I have the same combo of Orbx Global and Vector plus their companion North America freeware airport packs (check the Orbx website and you will see which SoCal airports they have done on the free pack) and a good 3rd-party terrain mesh (I personally have FS Global 2010 FTX Edition). Also, I believe the next region slated for the Orbx OpenLC landclass product will be North America, which should bring SoCal and the rest of the country almost to the level of their full region packages. Global, Vector and OpenLC plus a good mesh is kind of pricey, but if their European results are any indication it is like getting a whole new sim.

Also, LatinVFR makes a nice rendition of KSAN that works in P3D (I have that one). FSDreamteam makes P3D-compatible versions of LAX and KLAS, though I have not tried those yet myself.
Kevin Jaeger
Rural MD (Washington, DC area near KFDK)
PE V-3
My Alphabet Challenge results
twharrell

Post by twharrell »

Check the AVSIM library for Shez's KONT, KLGB, and KNYL/KYUM. KONT was developed for FSX but works just fine in P3D. There is also a good freeware KSNA, although LatinVFR is working on a good payware KSNA (I personally would hold out for that one). FSDT KLAX is excellent. FSDT KLAS is also good but outdated (rumors are they are working on an updated scenery). FlightBeam KSFO is a must have, although they are working on a v2 of that scenery as I type this.

Orbx has several freeware SoCal airports in their FTX Global airport packs (I actually am one of the FTX freeware developers and contributed KSMO, KIPL, KBFL, KOXR, KMYF, KIYK. ;) I am currently working on KCMA and KTOA).

Todd
Regards,

Todd