Transponder activation

twharrell

Transponder activation

Post by twharrell »

Just wondering why the PE transponder can't be turned on through the actual transponer in whatever aircraft we fly. I remember being able to do just that before the big client update. What changed? Any way we can get that back? I almost always forget to turn mine on through the client every time I fly. If I fail to do it again, the virtual PE FAA is going to have a meeting with me. :oops:

Todd
Regards,

Todd
Keith Smith

Re: Transponder activation

Post by Keith Smith »

Are you saying that you have a specific airplane that did work before with our transponder but now it's not? Or, did you happen to swap to a different airplane between now and then?

My understanding is that some of the FSX airplanes have custom transponders that don't use the same variables as the stock transponder, which is why our system can't read them (and which is why we have a separate PE transponder setting to begin with).

If the plane hasn't changed and the behavior has stopped working, I will look into it. We did update the FSUIPC offsets so that the transponder could be manipulated by third parties, so I'm surprised that it had a negative effect for you.