Orbx

JustinWheat

Orbx

Post by JustinWheat »

I need some guidance here. I am new to the Orbx thing. I want to try working with their freeware packs first to see if I like their work. My question is how to I get started installing their freeware regions, etc.? Help would be much appreciated. If possible step by step. Thanks!
Keith Smith

Re: Orbx

Post by Keith Smith »

You might get an answer here, but the Orbx support forum would probably be worth a visit.
C-JBCS

Re: Orbx

Post by C-JBCS »

The freeware packs just install after you've I talked FTX Global and enabled it. Be sure to download the combo pack which contains packs 1 through 7. The individual packs 1 through 7 aren't configured to install to P3D v2... After that download and install the individual packs 8 through 19... I'd recommend installing all of the packs, as there are updates in later packs for the older packs...

Lastly you will absolutely need the latest orbx P3D texture libraries. I saved that for the end and it all worked out fine. Most of the airports in the ZLA airspace have had some work done. The only exception is John Wayne... Van Nuys looks great though! Same with Ontario, Torrence, and Hawthorne.

Lastly, from what I understand, you don't need the paid FRX Global to use the freeware stuff... For anyone out the that wants to try them...

Enjoy