Instant Disconnect from PTT Switch

Mark Hargrove

Instant Disconnect from PTT Switch

Post by Mark Hargrove »

After a long hiatus of not flying on PE (due to work, sigh), I've finally got my my sim updated to P3D v2.3 and installed the newest version of the PE client. I have my PTT set to use the RW/SB Transmit On/Off offsets in FSUIPC (which is also the latest version).

I can hear radio traffic just fine, but when I press the PTT switch I instantly get a 'disconnected' message from the client. Occasionally, I also get a 'protocol error' message in the window as well (about 25% of the time). I've been flying with the same PTT setup for, well, pretty much since the start of PE. This is the first time, though, that I've flown with the new PE client for P3D.

What might be wrong?

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
Marcus Becker

Re: Instant Disconnect from PTT Switch

Post by Marcus Becker »

Make sure that repeat when button pressed is not active in FSUIPC.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Welcome back, Mark. The new client has a shortcut for connect/disconnect, which is 5 clicks of the PTT. By configuring FSUIPC incorrectly, you're sending a bunch o' PTT clicks, which is triggering that disconnect function. Marcus has the right solution, I just wanted to give you the background.
Mark Hargrove

Post by Mark Hargrove »

Yep, that took care of the problem immediately. Turns out I've always had it misconfigured -- just didn't matter until the new client version.

Thanks for the quick responses.

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
Slamovits

Post by Slamovits »

Hello... Try to do not use xworld plugin or try to set other aircrafts to 1. Hope helps!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I'm confused, you're posting an x-plane based solution to a FSX problem....and one that was already solved 9 months before your post.