What are Offsets?

gavink42

Re: What are Offsets?

Post by gavink42 »

Keith,

Could there be consideration to modifying the PE software to default to squawking C (normal) when the client starts, thereby making the process transparent to us?

- Gavin
- PP ASEL, instrument, complex, high performance
- Member AOPA, EAA, IMC Club, Piper Owner Society
- Cherokee 180C owner
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Yes, that is something we can consider.
Perk

Post by Perk »

Going to drag this up again. Figured the Bendix King transponder in the A2A C172 out a while ago with Thomas_Horn's stuff. There's no actual sim event triggered, but because the knobs are animated there is an LVAR that changes.

Now I'm wondering if anyone's found LVARs for the Flight1 GTN750's mode and ident buttons. I've been logging with FSUIPC but don't see anything specifically occurring when those buttons are pushed and since they're touchscreen buttons running in another thread I'm kind of doubting they actually DO anything in P3D... Anyone gotten the GTNs fully working with Squawkbox?
BFG

Post by BFG »

I was able to assign both ident and mode C to buttons on my Saitek throttle quadrant in FSUIPC just using the button assignment feature. Works fine with A2A aircraft and others, and PE reads both. Very simple.
Perk

Post by Perk »

BFG wrote:I was able to assign both ident and mode C to buttons on my Saitek throttle quadrant in FSUIPC just using the button assignment feature. Works fine with A2A aircraft and others, and PE reads both. Very simple.
Yeah I suppose that would work fine, but I'm a masochist. I just want to be able to click the button on the touch screen and have it work! Mah Immershun! :D
BFG

Post by BFG »

Perk wrote:
BFG wrote:I was able to assign both ident and mode C to buttons on my Saitek throttle quadrant in FSUIPC just using the button assignment feature. Works fine with A2A aircraft and others, and PE reads both. Very simple.
Yeah I suppose that would work fine, but I'm a masochist. I just want to be able to click the button on the touch screen and have it work! Mah Immershun! :D
This is good then! I'm a sadist. I'll enjoy watching you figure it out.